[Mongrel] GemPlugin or Mongrel::HttpHandler subclass

Tim Perrett hello at timperrett.com
Tue Jul 24 09:53:52 EDT 2007

Hey all

I am working with a technology standard (specific to the commercial
print industry) by which each element within the workflow has bi-
directional HTTP messaging. As each side needs a http server, I
thought I could either:

a) use a gem plugin to modify the behavior of mongrel
b) subclass Mongrel::HttpHandler

In short, its xml messaging between two points; each with a HTTP
client and HTTP server, a sort of xml conversation. I was thinking
that I could leverage mongrel to do this...? I have no idea which
method would work best (I am thinking the subclass route?) but I was
thinking I could set up some kind of system to parse/handle (most
likely with libxml-ruby) the incoming xml requests then serve back
the correct response?

Any suggestions / comments are welcomed as I am quite in the dark
with this one

Cheers

Tim