[Mongrel] one mongrel with hundreds of CLOSE_WAIT tcp connections

yossarian1 at gmail.com yossarian1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 03:15:13 EDT 2007

In case anyone else runs into this problem, one brute-force solution is here:

http://poocs.net/2006/3/27/the-adventures-of-scaling-stage-3

The poocs solution is for fcgi, but it works for mongrels too.

I actually wrote a similar loop myself that just uses lsof to look for
a certain number of mongrel close_waits and then restarts the bad
mongrel(s).   I wrote this before I ran into the poocs.net solution.
Ping me if you're interested in seeing it.