[Mongrel] hosting Perl CGI and rails together

barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Thu Jul 19 22:04:54 EDT 2007

I read this article
(http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2006-April/000084.html)
and it encouraged me to ask if it was possible to host a rails app that
had parts of it that were perl cgi.

Is there any possibility of getting something like this working using mongrel?

The goal would be to have the rails app control the authentication and
authorization, then execute some of the cgi from within.

The ultimate goal is to have this all be in ruby, but in the mean time,
I'd like to implement what is already working in perl.

Is this a cooky idea?

Mike B.