[Mongrel] [mongrel_cluster] hosting multiple web sites via

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:52:19 EDT 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 5:43 PM, Jeff Jones wrote:

> Thanks Ezra,
>
> Nor prefix option can solve my problem ?
> The explanation at http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/apache.html
> "Running Multiple Rails Apps with Mongrel" is not clear for me ...

	What exactly are you trying to accomplish? If it is to run two
separate rails applications then you need two separate mongrel
clusters. A single mongrel can only load one rails app at a time ,and
a cluster of mongrels that get load balanced to will all have the
same application running.

	Now, if you want to run two rails apps on the same domain like
example.com/foo and example.com/bar then you can do it with one
apache vhost but each app will still need it's own set of mongrels to
proxy to.

Cheers-

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Founder & Ruby Hacker