[Mongrel] Mongrel + Insert Web Server Here

Jason A. Hoffman jason at joyent.com
Tue Jul 17 03:38:30 EDT 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 12:06 AM, Mark James Adams wrote:

>> Has anyone had the experience with mongrel on solaris?
>
> Mongrel works great on OpenSolaris these days (it used to be a real
> bitch to build, but now 'gem install mongrel' works just like on any
> other platform.) I've run it on both Joyent's Accelerators on my own
> Solaris servers with no problems.
>
> --
> Mark James Adams
> Kyoto Institute of Technology

Yes we've been using mongrel on Solaris since mongrel has been out
(thank you again Zed).

Older build directions are at http://joyeur.com/2006/07/21/a-mongrel-
endorsement-and-a-manual-fix-for-installing-mongrel-on-solaris-1011,
it's just that install isn't "normal" on solaris so you have to use
the UCBerkeley or gnu ones.

- J