[Mongrel] Can't start Mongrel under win32

Nikolaus Rumm nikolaus.rumm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:14:21 EDT 2007

Solved it. The problem was a missing gem and all this had nothing to
do with Mongrel. Instead the whole Rails environment couldn't start.

When launching the Rails environment via script/console a helpful
error message was shown (in my case the ferret-gem was missing).

Unfortunately the Mongrel error message was both wrong and misleading.