[Mongrel] Capistrano mongrel recipes and /usr/local/bin

Wayne E. Seguin wayneeseguin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:42:03 EDT 2007

On Jul 09, 2007, at 12:06 , Nicolas St-Laurent wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to deploy my application with Capistrano using Mongrel
> recipes. Since I've installed Ruby from source code, mongrel scripts
> are found in /usr/local/bin. But the recipes can't find
> mongrel_rails : "bash: mongrel_rails: command not found". The path of
> the user account used to deploy is OK. For sure, I can redefine
> start_mongrel_cluster/restart_mongrel_cluster/stop_mongrel_cluster
> tasks in the recipes to add path before calling mongrel_rails.
>
> Any idea of a better solution ?

I install Ruby from source on all my machines so I'm not sure where
that comes in.

mongrel_rails command is installed with the mongrel gem (gem install
mongrel).

Then just make sure that mongrel_rails is in the path of the user
account you're deploying to, you could also add /usr/local/bin to the
users path. ( PATH=/usr/local/bin:... )
--
Wayne E. Seguin
Sr. Systems Architect & Systems Admin