[Mongrel] Capistrano mongrel recipes and /usr/local/bin

Nicolas St-Laurent nstlaurent at wantedtech.com
Mon Jul 9 12:06:13 EDT 2007

I'm trying to deploy my application with Capistrano using Mongrel
recipes. Since I've installed Ruby from source code, mongrel scripts
are found in /usr/local/bin. But the recipes can't find
mongrel_rails : "bash: mongrel_rails: command not found". The path of
the user account used to deploy is OK. For sure, I can redefine
tasks in the recipes to add path before calling mongrel_rails.

Any idea of a better solution ?

Nicolas St-Laurent
Wanted Technologies
350, Blvd. Charest East, 4th Floor