[Mongrel] 503 Errors While Cluster Is Still Active

Justin Williams carpeaqua at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 23:23:10 EDT 2007

I've got three Mongrels spawned, each hovering around 40MB each.  I
also just checked memory usage, and that doesn't seem to be an issue
at all.

When I try to pound the server, it's not killing off the processes,
which is what is weird to me.    Usually when I get the 503 error it
is because mongrel isn't spawned, but in this case all the processes
are up and running fine, and the connection works about half the time.
 It's just every few actions it will fail.

Any other ideas?

- j