[Mongrel] 503 Errors While Cluster Is Still Active

Will Green will at hotgazpacho.com
Fri Jul 6 19:46:01 EDT 2007

VPS you say? How much memory do you have allocated to you? Rails takes A
LOT of memory. I've seen Mongrels running rails eating up 20 Mb EACH for
*very* simple actions. I recall people on this list mentioning 50+ Mb
when RMagick is involved.

Make sure you're not hitting the memory limit on your VPS, which
triggers killing off the process, or parts thereof.

==
Will Green