[Mongrel] 503 Errors While Cluster Is Still Active

Justin Williams carpeaqua at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 13:15:51 EDT 2007

I've setup a new mongrel cluster on my VPS, and am noticing a lot if
503 errors if I try to hit the server too many times in succession in
a few seconds.  I've read that this is usually caused by the cluster
crashing, but I haven't been seen the cluster crash when I do this.

Does anyone have any other ideas what might cause this?  I have my
server configured how MediaTemple suggested
(http://kb.mediatemple.net/article.php?id=279).  It just seems like
Apache isn't able to always see the cluster.

Thanks for your help.

Justin Williams
Owner, Second Gear