[Mongrel] primary bonus of mongrel 1.0.1?

Philip Hallstrom mongrel at philip.pjkh.com
Fri Jan 26 22:06:05 EST 2007

> That's really the best I can do without help.  I have to automate
> things, and svn changelogs blow so I'm stuck.  Without automation I'd be
> burdened with writing this same information over and over again in
> various forms.  Considering there's a wealth of change information
> including svn logs, atom feeds, news announcements, bug trackers,
> forums, and mailing lists it's not like there's nothing.  So, I tell
> people if that's not enough, then your requirements are exceptional and
> you should do something for yourself to solve the problem.
> But, one thing I don't hear is a solution.  Just a criticism.  If you've
> got a particular tool that automates change logging the way you like it
> and want to do the work to get it implemented in the mongrel build
> process then step up and help.  Otherwise, what I got is the best I can
> do given my time constraints.

Wahoo!  I can finally contribute something useful... well, I didn't write
it, but it will help with your change log :)

I use it to send out daily change logs to our development team like this:

today=`date +"%Y-%m-%d"`
cd $HOME/etc/svn2cl-0.6 && ./svn2cl.sh \
     --strip-prefix=trunk \
     --break-before-msg \
     --revision "{$today}:HEAD"
     --stdout \

The above options come pretty darn close to mimicing what people are used
to in a change log... all you'd need to do is change the --revision line
to match the revisions your interested in and there ya go!

No idea how to integrate it into the build process, but I'd be willing to