[Mongrel] Mongrel with mephisto on a Virtual Private Server

Dave C dklamath at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 18:32:17 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup Mongrel to work with Apache on a VPS as part of a mephisto installation. Has anyone done this, and if so how did you edit your conf file to make it work?

I used the info found on the mongrel site at:

and one time I did get a mephisto splash screen, but it was only after I put in :8000 with my URL.

I am trying to configure it with the domain davescorner.org and am hosting with eapps. If I can get this to work I will be submitting a tutorial on how to configure mephisto and mongrel on an eapps account so any help  in a newb friendly format would be extremely appreciated.