[Mongrel] X-Sendfile doesn't work

Bruno Celeste bruno.celeste at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 06:38:03 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I try to use the "X-Sendfile" header, but it doesn't work as expected.

In my controller:

path = "/home/bruno/file.tar.gz"
headers['X-Sendfile'] = path
headers['Content-Type'] = "application/octet-stream"
headers['Content-Length'] = File.size(path)
render :nothing => true

When I request the file, nothing is shown, just a white page. If I do
a HEAD request:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: close