[Mongrel] NOT FOUND error

Chuck Vose vosechu at create-on.com
Wed Jan 24 20:26:36 EST 2007

I've been hunting the web and reading the mailing lists all day but
I'm not finding any guidance on this problem. When I try to talk to my
mongrel it simply responds with NOT FOUND and nothing else. I can't
find anything on google because this has to be the second most commond
phrase in existence.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Chuck Vose

---

mosaic.common:

  ServerName myapp.tld
  ServerAlias www.myapp.tld
  DocumentRoot /var/www/apps/myapp/current/public

  <Directory "/var/www/apps/myapp/current/public">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  RewriteEngine On

  # Uncomment for rewrite debugging
  #RewriteLog logs/myapp_rewrite_log
  #RewriteLogLevel 9

  # Check for maintenance file and redirect all requests
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/system/maintenance.html -f
  RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !maintenance.html
  RewriteRule ^.*$ /system/maintenance.html [L]

  # Rewrite index to check for static
  RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html [QSA]

  # Rewrite to check for Rails cached page
  RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]

  # Redirect all non-static requests to cluster
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://myapp_mongrel_cluster%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

  # Deflate
  AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/javascript text/css
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
  BrowserMatch bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

  # Uncomment for deflate debugging
  #DeflateFilterNote Input input_info
  #DeflateFilterNote Output output_info
  #DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio_info
  #LogFormat '"%r" %{output_info}n/%{input_info}n (%{ratio_info}n%%)' deflate
  #CustomLog logs/mosaic_deflate_log deflate

-----

myapp.conf:

  <VirtualHost myapp.tld:80>
    Include /etc/rails/myapp.common

    # This is required to convince Rails (via mod_proxy_balancer) that we're
    # actually using HTTPS.
    RequestHeader set X_FORWARDED_PROTO 'https'

    ErrorLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/myapp_errors_log
    CustomLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/myapp_log combined
  </VirtualHost>

  <Proxy balancer://myapp_mongrel_cluster>
    BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:8000
    BalancerMember http://127.0.0.1:8001
  </Proxy>

------

mosaic_cluster.yml:

---
cwd: /var/www/apps/myapp/current
port: "8000"
environment: production
#address: 127.0.0.1
pid_file: /var/www/apps/myapp/current/log/mongrel.pid
log_file: /var/www/apps/myapp/current/log/mongrel.log
servers: 2
prefix: /usr/local/bin