[Mongrel] NOT FOUND error

Chuck Vose vosechu at create-on.com
Wed Jan 24 20:26:36 EST 2007

I've been hunting the web and reading the mailing lists all day but
I'm not finding any guidance on this problem. When I try to talk to my
mongrel it simply responds with NOT FOUND and nothing else. I can't
find anything on google because this has to be the second most commond
phrase in existence.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck Vose

  ServerName myapp.tld
  ServerAlias www.myapp.tld
  DocumentRoot /var/www/apps/myapp/current/public

  <Directory "/var/www/apps/myapp/current/public">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

  RewriteEngine On

  # Uncomment for rewrite debugging
  #RewriteLog logs/myapp_rewrite_log
  #RewriteLogLevel 9

  # Check for maintenance file and redirect all requests
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/system/maintenance.html -f
  RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !maintenance.html
  RewriteRule ^.*$ /system/maintenance.html [L]

  # Rewrite index to check for static
  RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html [QSA]

  # Rewrite to check for Rails cached page
  RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]

  # Redirect all non-static requests to cluster
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://myapp_mongrel_cluster%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

  # Deflate
  AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/javascript text/css
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
  BrowserMatch bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

  # Uncomment for deflate debugging
  #DeflateFilterNote Input input_info
  #DeflateFilterNote Output output_info
  #DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio_info
  #LogFormat '"%r" %{output_info}n/%{input_info}n (%{ratio_info}n%%)' deflate
  #CustomLog logs/mosaic_deflate_log deflate

  <VirtualHost myapp.tld:80>
    Include /etc/rails/myapp.common

    # This is required to convince Rails (via mod_proxy_balancer) that we're
    # actually using HTTPS.
    RequestHeader set X_FORWARDED_PROTO 'https'

    ErrorLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/myapp_errors_log
    CustomLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/myapp_log combined

  <Proxy balancer://myapp_mongrel_cluster>

cwd: /var/www/apps/myapp/current
port: "8000"
environment: production
pid_file: /var/www/apps/myapp/current/log/mongrel.pid
log_file: /var/www/apps/myapp/current/log/mongrel.log
servers: 2
prefix: /usr/local/bin