[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 1.0.1 Officially Released

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:24:15 EST 2007

On 1/23/07, Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) <donald.ball at nashville.gov> wrote:
> > > Does that mean that win32 guys should wait for some more time ?
> > >

> > Actually no, the 1.0.1 gem for mswin32 is already on
> > rubyforge (guess it should be spread to the mirrors).
> >
> > So start using it.
>
> Er, so what are the upcoming tweaks Zed alluded to?

A few dependencies fixes and minor things, nothing that will brake
your setup or anything.

> > > welcome (even just "stay the course").
> >
> > As for me about suggestions, I'll like to heard them for win32 too ;-)
>
> Sure... cluster support on win32 would be pretty special, especially if
> bundled with pen or something else for load balancing.

Yeah, cluster is in the near TODO list for mongrel_service. Basically
it will parse the config/mongrel_cluster.yml and spawn all the needed
process.

Also, I must add, will automaticaly monitor and re-spawn dead
processes, how cool is that? Ah? ;-)

pen or pound is a "no no" on windows. they require cygwin
compatibility layer, which is a waste of performance.

I've implemented a simple TCP balancer solution for one of our
customers, but its under contract, I hope could convince them to
release it Open-Source and we will support branch witht he internal
version, still yet to figure out this...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one using (or forced to use) win32! At
least we drop some useful tools there! (ruby+rails+mongrel) :-)

A bit late: congrats Zed! Happy birthday Mongrel, good Dog! :-D

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems

PS: Zed, I want my working with rails recomendations too! :-D