[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 1.0.1 Officially Released

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Jan 23 11:59:43 EST 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:36:13 +0100
"philippe lachaise" <philippe.lachaise at gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations !
>
> I'll take advantage of 1.0.1 to reiterate my proposal of French translation.
>
> First time I did so I was a bit intimidated by the translation toolset you
> suggested (webgen/svn).
> Now that the doggy is no longer a pup, the documerntation is more likely to
> remain stable long enough to justify the effort. In addition, I'm about to
> start using RoR/Mongrel professionally (as opposed to merely playing around
> with it) with more time to invest in this technology.

Yes!  That'd be great.  Send me a message off list so I can get you setup and we can talk about what would be best.

> So would it be possible for the Mongrel team to :
> 1) Single out docs that are still relevant and stable enough to warrant
> translation (and weed out the rest ?).
> 2) Provide technical how-to for translating part of the website (without
> messing it up :).

Yep, I can help, but maybe we can do an e-mail in French to select groups to solicit feedback.  I can also look at the webalizer stats (you can too) and see what the most popular pages are:

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/usage/usage_200701.html

> Translated documentation would certainly foster Mongrel adoption in France
> (some people are a bit touchy about national identity, or they just can't
> read English).

Yep, I'd also be curious about other translations.

Thanks for the offer, let me know when you can start working on it and I'll help you with the technical stuff.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/