[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 1.0.1 Officially Released

philippe lachaise philippe.lachaise at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 03:36:13 EST 2007

Congratulations !

I'll take advantage of 1.0.1 to reiterate my proposal of French translation.

First time I did so I was a bit intimidated by the translation toolset you
suggested (webgen/svn).
Now that the doggy is no longer a pup, the documerntation is more likely to
remain stable long enough to justify the effort. In addition, I'm about to
start using RoR/Mongrel professionally (as opposed to merely playing around
with it) with more time to invest in this technology.

So would it be possible for the Mongrel team to :
1) Single out docs that are still relevant and stable enough to warrant
translation (and weed out the rest ?).
2) Provide technical how-to for translating part of the website (without
messing it up :).

Translated documentation would certainly foster Mongrel adoption in France
(some people are a bit touchy about national identity, or they just can't
read English).

I guess other people might want to translate into other languages (I seem to
remember an Italian proposal) so maybe it would be worth having a
translators page on the website with relevant instructions.

    Philippe LACHAISE