[Mongrel] Want feedback on Mongrel patch for handling partial PUT requests

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Jan 23 01:09:13 EST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:27:35 -0600
cremes.devlist at mac.com wrote:

> By default, Mongrel will delete the HTTP request body and short
> circuit calling any handlers if a request is interrupted or
> incomplete. Unfortunately, this breaks any attempt to correctly
> handle a partial PUT. (BTW, PUT is *way* more efficient for uploads
> compared to POST which requires a MIME parsing step.) So, about a
> month ago I wrote up some patches to Mongrel 0.3.18 that allowed
> Mongrel to properly handle partial PUT requests. I sent the patch &
> tests to Zed for comment but never really heard back.

I'll take a look this weekend, but you really should have tests to go with this just to make sure I'm trying it the way you are trying it.

Also, seeing how it can improve or change the upload progress problem (the fact that it sucks) would be a good first step.

Otherwise, I'll look and get back to you.  Sorry I didn't get in touch with you earlier.  Just been busy.