[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 1.0.1 Officially Released

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Jan 23 00:48:21 EST 2007

Alright folks, after nearly a month of pounding and beating up the Mongrel 1.0
RC1 release we're putting out the official 1.0.1 release.

Read all about it at the (much funnier) news posting:

  http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/news.html

For those people in a hurry, the gems should hit the mirrors and you can install using your usual commands.  Refer the the above page for more help.

I'm really happy with this release, but as usual shoot me bugs and we'll fix them up.  There is already a planned release soon for a minor tweak to the win32 gem dependencies, but that won't impact anyone.

ONE YEAR ALMOST EXACTLY

I went and looked, and it seems I started working on Mongrel officially in January last year, with the site being posted on Feb 12th 2006.  Seems kind of weird that it was a full year of development, but that's the reality of fast paced open source development.

YOU FOLKS ROCK

Thank you to everyone who's helped out and enjoyed being in on the jokes.  I'm hoping to plan a few nice gestures for contributors and the faithful users.  I'm planning unholy retribution for the non-believers ;->  I'm also going to write a few blog postings over the next month as a retrospective on Mongrel and what it's been like this last year.

I think it'd be really cool if people on the list who benefit from Mongrel can thank the people who wrote docs, submitted patches, bugs, and got Mongrel to where it is now.

And now, a break while the next big thing is planned.  All suggestions welcome (even just "stay the course").

Have fun, and hopefully I'll meet people at the next RailsConf.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/