[Mongrel] Content-Length: 0

Jack Baty jbaty at fusionary.com
Fri Jan 12 17:02:47 EST 2007

On Jan 12, 2007, at 4:43 PM, carmen wrote:

> On Fri Jan 12, 2007 at 04:14:06PM -0500, Jack Baty wrote:
>> While trying to debug a goofy XML loading issue in IE, I've found
>> that Mongrel (latest) returns Content-Type: 0 with every request on a
>> particular (CentOS 4) server, yet not on my local (OS X) box. These
>> both access identical Rails apps. This seems like a clue, but thought
>> I'd ask here if for some reason this is expected behavior. Both
>> running Ruby 1.8.4. Both return identical HTML when asked.
> odd. you can't totally trust curl though. are yo using curl on the
> same machine in both examples? it often returns the wrong Content-
> Type (eg completely at odds with what firefox and ngrep show)

I'm using 2 different copies of curl, since I can only access mongrel
from a local address on the server. And of course I meant "Content-
Length" not "Content-Type", sorry.

Jack Baty                  http://jackbaty.com/    (616) 822-5800
Fusionary                  http://fusionary.com/   (616) 454-2357
820 Monroe N.W. Suite 212