[Mongrel] The Debian Plan - reloaded

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Fri Jan 12 16:39:27 EST 2007

> Gentoo (they have
> some packages too) can benefit from the tar file too, don 't you think?
> I don't know how they build systems works, so I cannot speak for them.

the ebuild is almost totally empty, besides this line:

inherit ruby gems

im thinking they could proably factor this line into the eclass, since presumably rubyforge has a naming convention:
SRC_URI="http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/gems/${P}.gem"

you might wnat to look into something similar. i like to think of the package manager as a wrapper, not an un-networked custom unwrapper/rewrapper and hope everything ends up back in the same box (and usually with competing version numbers and optional modules it doesnt)