[Mongrel] Browser or Server error?

Greg Tomei gtomei at blurb.com
Tue Jan 9 18:10:49 EST 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Jim Douglas wrote:

> ActionController::RoutingError (Recognition failed for
> "/javascripts/dojo/Storage_version6.swf"):

Jim, this is the Rails equivalent of a 404 Page Not Found error -
most likely not a Mongrel problem. It is probably some difference in
how the browser is running the javascript.

I am not sure why you would receive this message in one browser but
not another. I see you are doing something involving the Dojo
Javascripting framework. This inconsistency makes me think that
Safari is executing a script differently which results in a request
for this file. I would check whether the file present in your Rails
app's public/javascripts/dojo folder, and more importantly what are
browsers that do not behave doing or requesting that does not result
in this error.