[Mongrel] Mongrel/Rails weird problem with methods becoming private

Paul King cronald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:39:35 EST 2007

I'm new to this list, so apologies if this is a duplicate (or nothing
to do with mongrel!)

Somehow when I run my rails app under mongrel, this code:

> user.interests.include?( interest )

breaks with the following error:

> NoMethodError in Profiles#change_interests
> private method `equal?' called for #<Interest:0xb767ae8c>

Having spent a fair bit of time testing with the rails console, and
running the app via webrick (it works in both cases) I can only guess
I've screwed something up with mongrel.

On another box with the same mongrel gem versions, it works fine.  A
week later I'm asking in desperation, what have I broken?!

Either way, a massive thanks for mongrel - it's by far the best
solution I've found so far to running my app :-)