[Mongrel] problems with apache 2.2 proxying to mongrel cluster

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Tue Jan 2 17:49:49 EST 2007

speaking of problems with apache 2 proxying to mongrel cluster. does anyone know how to make it not unescape GET URIs before passing them to mongrel? ive done some googling and it looks like its some kind of intractable design issue, i see complaints of it in 2001, 2003, and 2006. but maybe theres a workaround? i already tried 'reescaping' it using mod_rewrite, but they ened up different than before (its crucial that the URI is unmodified in my app - even query strings and # ..

guess i should just buy a slicehost and bypass my currant admins reluctance to switch off apache..