[Mongrel] Mongrel upload progress not showing progress on production server

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Feb 28 17:46:37 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:59:43 -0600
"Joey Geiger" <jgeiger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a good tutorial for mongrel upload progress, which includes a
> setup like the one you're describing? I looked at the one on the
> mongrel site, and it got me only so far before I needed to abandon the
> idea, since it was becoming a lot of work for little return. My main
> issue was trying to use it for something other than strictly uploading
> files with no other information.

Honestly, the idea of upload progress done this way (with polling http
requests) is a super bad idea in my book.  It's currently a hack to
work around a broken UI in the browser, so I try not to steer people in
this direction.

What you should do, if you're interested, is contact Ezra at
ez at engineyard.com as he does custom setups of this using Merb.  If you
want to do it yourself, http://merb.devjavu.com/ has example code in it
that you can use.