[Mongrel] Mongrel performing only half as fast as Apache?

Christopher Bailey chris at codeintensity.com
Tue Feb 27 19:48:25 EST 2007

As additional info, I ran the same kind of tests with Pen and Nginx instead
of Apache+mod_proxy_balancer, just to get an idea on that aspect:

Pen with 1 Mongrel: ~671 req/sec
Nginx with 1 Mongrel: ~612 req/sec

So these at least show a smaller overhead for the load balancer aspect.
They also are more bare-minimum configured (I don't have much experience
with either of those, so just did the basic Pen setup where you tell it what
port to run on and the ports/domain+port it's proxying).