[Mongrel] Deployement options

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Tue Feb 27 18:07:29 EST 2007

Sure, they're running on a PowerEdge 1950 (Dual Core Xeon).  I have
several of these boxes, each running multiple Mongrels.  There is a
separate DB server running Mysql, and a load balancer (homemade) that
routes to the different boxes.

Im doing quite a bit of file serving + heavy DB queries, so my
application is very much IO bound.  I started with the standard 4
mongrels, but found I could get a lot more out of each server with 10.

-Pete