[Mongrel] Deployement options

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Tue Feb 27 16:44:54 EST 2007

Having multiple servers has been a must in my experience with
Mongrel, mainly because if a task is database / IO bound then other
users have to wait for it.

I'm using Lighttpd => Pound => 10 Mongrels right now.

Lighttpd just released a new version (1.5), which has the ability to
directly contact multiple mongrels.

I'll likely upgrade to this later in the week.  Then I'll just have
Lighttpd => 10 Mongrels

Hope this helps,