[Mongrel] Threshold of mongrel node processes

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Tue Feb 27 13:18:58 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:01:41 -0600
Ryan <abstractryan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
> New to the list. Im enjoying mongrel. Coming from a background of
> weblogic clusters this is a dream. However I have a few questions:
> As you can see it appears the the mongrel nodes on this server are going
> for max cpu utilization.

Mongrel doesn't try to manage CPU utilization since that's the job of
the operating system.  If you want to reduce the load that Mongrel puts
on your servers, then look at the nice command and using your systems
firewall mechanism to control the throttling of requests.

There are a few parameters that can give you a bit of control, such as
-t for a timeout, but that option hasn't been used much and probably
doesn't work the way it's expected.