[Mongrel] Deployement options

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:25:55 EST 2007

On 2/26/07, tom wang <tomawng at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> As an additional question, how far would a one server
> configuration get me? I'm going to be serving a lot of
> pictures and have some simple treatment of photos
> (resizing and such)

I think that depends on a lot of unnamed factors.  What kind of
server?  What framework?

I serve 65 commercial sites and applications, with potential
throughputs on dynamic traffic as high as 350 requests/second on an
older dual AMD processor based Linux box with 2gb of RAM, and a number
of those sites are using Mongrel processes for their backend.  I don't
use Rails, though, so your mileage will probably vary quite a lot from
that if you do.

Kirk Haines