[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel Cluster Prerelease: Healing power of the pack!

Corey Donohoe atmos at atmos.org
Mon Feb 26 14:00:38 EST 2007

On 2/23/07, Bradley Taylor <bradley at railsmachine.com> wrote:
> Hello all...
> I know its been a while since the last one, but a new prerelease is
> available with a gratuitous increase in version numbers!
> gem install mongrel_cluster --source
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
> * Default pid_file is now "tmp/pids/mongrel.pid" to match Rails rake
> tasks. NOTE: I recommend using /var/run/mongrel_cluster so pids are
> properly cleaned up after a crash.

For what it's worth I had to change my pid file path in my
mongrel_cluster.yml file to make cap deploy happy.  It appears cap calls
restart before relinking the pid directory down into tmp.  If you give the
absolute path to shared/pids in your config file you should be setup.  This
is only if you go against what Bradley advises above. :)

Thanks for the upgrade I can finally ditch my custom tasks. :D