[Mongrel] cluster with environment variables

Jason Yates jaywhy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:33:49 EST 2007

In production I've setup a mongrel cluster of 2 servers.  Now I'm
using RJB(ruby java bridge).  So I need certain java environment
variables set before mongrel starts.

So I set them:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/i386/:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/i386/client/:./
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0/

Then I run "mongrel_rails cluster::start".

Now for whatever reason only the first server in the cluster seems
have the environment variables set.  Like as if the environment is
getting blanked out after the first server starts but before the
second.

So I on the page using RJB.  I end up with this weird refresh problem.
 Where it works, then errors, works, error, etc.

I'm using rails 1.2.1 and mongrel 1.0.1 and cluster 0.2.1.  If that helps.

--
Jason Yates
jaywhy at gmail.com