[Mongrel] Mongrel::Uploads.check() not returning status

Pete DeLaurentis pete at nextengine.com
Thu Feb 22 21:35:26 EST 2007

Hi,

I wrote a message earlier regarding how I wasn't getting any feedback
from mongrel_upload_progress.  After putting lots of debug messages
in the plugin, I figured out what was going on.

I had a route like this setup in routes.rb (this was the problem):

	map.upload "upload/:upload_id",
		               :controller => "file",
          		       :action => "upload"

And here's my config/mongrel_upload_progress.conf file:

	uri "/",
	  :handler => plugin("/handlers/upload", :path_info => '/file/upload'),
  	 :in_front => true

My form was sending to :controller => file, :action => upload.  Well,
the route turned this into "/upload/xxxxxxx", and this didn't match
the path_info "/file/upload".

Once I removed the route, the problem was fixed and progress started
coming through.

-Pete