[Mongrel] Critical Issue - Site down...

Kyle Kochis kylekochis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 16:18:20 EST 2007

You really shouldn't be running out of memory with 2GB unless you have a
huge amount of traffic or other crap going on that server. To me it looks
like it is caused by one of the following:
1: horribly put together ruby app with bad memory leaking gem/plugins like
rmagick
2: Lots of other crap running on you server that shouldn't be that is
causing high memory leaking.
3: a linux kernel or VPS issue.
There are too many possibilities for us to pin point exactly what is going
on unless you explain what you are doing with your server.