[Mongrel] Mongrel on FreeBSD

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Mon Feb 19 05:27:13 EST 2007

We have mongrel 0.3.4 (off the top of my head) on two FreeBSD
webservers, installed it out of ports.  The rc script has been
installed.  Is this done by the port, or does the gem do it?  We want
to upgrade to mongrel 1.0.1 - are there any changes to the rc
script?  I'm not sure if upgrading through gems will leave the rc
script broken in any way.

Unfortunately there's no maintainer for the port right now, which is
a shame.  I was really pleased to see the rc script being added.