[Mongrel] mongrel_cluster clarification

Wes Sheldahl wes.sheldahl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 09:51:49 EST 2007

Looks like a nice idea. One thing I wonder, just looking at it, is if it
wouldn't redirect to all the configured ports, even if the mongrel on one of
those ports had died. I'm pretty sure the load balancer in apache 2.2 would
be smart enough to not forward to a port that stopped responding, but it
looks like this would continue doing so. Can anyone confirm this?

Of course, you could work around this limitation by using monit or something
similar to make sure that all the mongrels that are supposed to be running,
get restarted if they ever need to be. Just something to keep in mind.

--
Wes Sheldahl
wes.sheldahl at gmail.com