[Mongrel] Mongrel Stops Responding

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 15:25:54 EST 2007

On 2/13/07, Eric Dean <eric at maverixsystems.com> wrote:

> We have a development environment that every morning requires a restart
> because Mongrel just stops responding.
>
> I noticed this older thread...but I still experience the problem
> http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-users/2006-August/000950.html
>
> We are running nginx..but I also have the mongrel ports open to our
> IPs..both going through nginx proxy and directly through mongrel
> fails...then restart it all works great:
>
> any ideas?
> [root at sb1 visualcareers]# mongrel_rails start --version
> Version 1.0.1

Will be very helpful if you could also include information about:

* The rails version you're using (ruby script/about).
* What database adapter (cat config/database.yml)
* What kind of session storage or memory cache (memcached) you're
using (in case of any).

Since it looks like the process is dying, could you read what are the
last lines of log/mongrel.log file? Maybe there is the ruby backtrace
thrown before mongrel dies.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems