[Mongrel] rails cache problems

Mitchell Curtis Hatter curtis.hatter at insightbb.com
Sun Feb 11 17:20:00 EST 2007

I'm having issues with page caching in Rails 1.1.6 where it's not
always putting a .html extension at the end of the cached files (so I
end up with files like 122.21 instead of 122.21.html). Then the next
time it is served up via the web server (mongrel or apache) Firefox
treats it as a binary file. I can't find a fix for this so I was
hoping there would be a work around in Mongrel or Apache.

I tried ForceType text/html inside a <Directory> element in my apache
configuration but that didn't seem to be completely reliable.

For now I'll switch to trying to use action caching instead.

Thanks,
Curtis