[Mongrel] primary bonus of mongrel 1.0.1?

Oliver Muthig mail at oliver-muthig.de
Sat Feb 10 03:23:19 EST 2007

the problem is not that there is not enough change information but that
there is too much. What Andy and probably many others want is a concise
document explaining on a high level why someone would like to upgrade to
a new release, what pitfalls to avoid and what the most important new
features are good for.

Most people follow the notion of "never change a running system". Also
every change has costs associated to it. In a commercial environment you
would need good arguments to spend money. Why should everyone experiment
with the same feature set? Of course every application has it's
specifics too.

In my experience there is no way to automate such a document.