[Mongrel] mongrel_cluster clarification

Patrick Berry pberry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:37:56 EST 2007

Apologizes in advance if this sounds rather dense, but I want to make sure
I'm understanding everything correctly.  We're in the process of migrating
from Apache2.0/FastCGI to Apache2.0+mongrel (why not 2.2? that story is too
long and too uninteresting to recount here, but I will tell you that it
involves RHEL and only using RHN rpms).

The init script that comes with mongrel (when configured correctly for your
system) will act on each app that you configure in /etc/mongrel_cluster/.
So, at system boot all of your configured clusters will start.

The cap recipes will only act on the cluster for that particular app.  So, a
restart will only restart that cluster and not all configured clusters.

Thanks,
Pat