[Mongrel] Apache+Mongrel Redirection Problems

Stan Baptista stan.baptista at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 16:36:58 EST 2007

Thanks for your help.

> You have the server names as "rss" and "railstest", don't you have to
access them via those hosts?

If I put these entries in my local hosts file: rss railstest

they are then accessible from my browser using these addresses:

Adding them to my local computer's hosts file is OK for my own use but there
are a few other folks I'd like to show these to scattered throughout the
site where I work and I'd like to find a way to do this other than modifying
the hosts file on each system.

One of the webmasters here thought it was sufficient to add the lines
above to the _remote_ system's hosts file and adding RewriteRules to each
VirtualHost directive.

The goal is to be able to do this from anywhere:

(But no;-)

As you suggested, the remote system is taking the first VirtuaHost directive
and is actually trying to find "railstest" on the first Mongrel site (rss)
and, of course, not finding it.