[Mongrel] Mongrel and MemcacheSessionStore

Franck franck.dagostini at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 07:46:42 EST 2007

I experienced Tiago's problem.

I store in session a little string telling the application what's the
current language (e.g 'fr' for french).

Users kept being switched back to default language because the session ends
prematurely. Playing with memcache expiration time don't solve the issue. I
switch to SQLSessionStore and the problem is gone.

Like Tiago, I am in production environment with a bunch of mongrel  behind a
load balancer (apache2).

As my sysadmin skill isn't that good, I didn't investigate further and I
will stay with SQLSessionStore.

y sysadmin skilled