[Mongrel] error when installing on jruby (fastthread dependency)

Evan Weaver evan at cloudbur.st
Sun Dec 23 00:31:04 EST 2007

On second thought, it's probably a gems/RubyForge problem. JRuby gems
used to be named -jruby.gem so we had continued this naming scheme.
But gems 1.0 changed the way the architecture/platform distinction is
handled, and now builds gems that end in -java.gem. RubyForge probably
updated to the gems 1.0 indexer and stopped indexing -jruby gems.

I dunno whether JRuby can install -jruby, or -java, or both. I
uploaded a gem ending in -java so we will see.

Evan

--
Evan Weaver
Cloudburst, LLC