[Mongrel] error when installing on jruby (fastthread dependency)

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:53:53 EST 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 7:48 PM, Stephen Bannasch
<stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org> wrote:
> At 10:55 AM -0500 12/22/07, Wayne E. Seguin wrote:
> >Stephen,
> >
> >Could you please verify that this issue has not been fixed on Mongrel trunk?
> >
> >Thank you!
> Hi Wayne,
> Testing with JRuby trunk and  r922 (trunk) of Mongrel.
> After installing the echoe gem rake install compiled the ragel code, tarred up an archive and died here:
> mongrel-1.1.1/test/test_ws.rb
> mongrel-1.1.1/test/testhelp.rb
> mongrel-1.1.1/TODO
> mongrel-1.1.1/tools/
> mongrel-1.1.1/tools/trickletest.rb
> cd -
> WARNING:  no email specified
> WARNING:  no homepage specified
> WARNING:  bin/mongrel_rails is missing #! line
> rake aborted!
> can't convert YAML::JvYAML::Map into String
> And indeed
>  bin/mongrel_rails
> Has no #! line. It should have:
>   #!/usr/bin/env jruby

The she_bang warning is just that, a warning, I have tested the same
here with latest rubygems and even these warnings, the gem get built.

could you try running the gem build based on the generated gemspec file?
(it should be inside pkg/mongrel-1.1.1)

Maybe is failing in the Gem::Specification#to_yaml
(I don't have jruby to test it).

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
A common mistake that people make when trying to design
something completely foolproof is to underestimate
the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams