[Mongrel] Mongrel error : EMFILE too many open files

Scott Derrick lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Dec 21 10:37:05 EST 2007

Well, at 1 hour 15 minutes  webrick froze.  I had to kill it and it
output two "deadlock" errors.

I guess rails just can't handle running periodically_call_remote with an
interval shorter than 1 second. eventually two calls are synced up and
it deadlocks.  the faster I run periodically..  the sooner the deadlock.

If I run lighttpd as a load balancer with cluster would that alleviate
the problem?  If that is the problem?

Scott