[Mongrel] Segmentation fault in Mongrel when run with --debug

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:58:18 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 3:51 PM, Scott Derrick <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Zed,
>
> I think your right because webrick finally stopped after about 90
> minutes.
>
> It was locked up and when I killed it it complained of a deadlock.
>
> I'm now thinking it may bein a call to the sqlite3_ruby gem.

Oh, sqlite3 gem!

I got a few segfaults with it, like unrolling transactions and other
weird stuff.

Still waiting for some tickets get fixed, but without luck.

> I tried to run mongrel_rails under gdb but gdb complains its not the
> correct file type.

you need to run gdb on "ruby", not mongrel_rails (since mongrel_rails
is a ruby script).

gdb /path/to/ruby/ruby.exe /path/to/mongrel_rails param1 param2 param3

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems