[Mongrel] Segmentation fault in Mongrel when run with --debug

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Dec 20 00:41:59 EST 2007

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:51:55 +0100
Scott Derrick <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem with mongrel just stopping inside a
> periodically_call_remote function so I ran mongrel with debug enabled
> Mongrel seg faults after a few minutes
> The mongrel filelog shows 5 files open when this happens. Same log files
> that are open all the time.

No idea what would cause it, since that's a simple respond to, but
usually when you get segfaults in weird places it's caused by some
other completely unknown library that doesn't do ram properly.

What you should do is run your mongrel under gdb, when it blows up, gdb
will stop and you can then use the backtrace command to see what was
going on.

Apart from that, not sure what else.

Zed A. Shaw
- Good: http://www.zedshaw.com/