[Mongrel] Mongrel error : EMFILE too many open files

Scott Derrick lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Dec 17 10:16:22 EST 2007

Kirk Haines wrote:
> Nobody else has said it, so I will.
> This is not a Mongrel problem.

thats certainly possible thats its not a problem specific to Mongrel. I
think its more likely related to my upgrade to Ruby 2.0.1.  Its also
possible its a CGI problem as CGi is used for session store to memory or

It is odd that what ever the problem, Mongrel crashes..  It won't
respond to any http request from any client. Its dead in the water.

That makes it a Mongrel problem in my eyes, at least to anybody who
cares if Mongrel is reliable or not.