[Mongrel] Mongrel error : EMFILE too many open files

Scott Derrick lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Dec 16 14:24:33 EST 2007

Well I changed the session store to memory_store and it still crashes..
I don't get the EMFIle error, mongrel just stops responding to any
request.

I would try database store but I can't put the session store in my
default database for concurrency reasons.  I tried to find instructions
on how to set it up to use a separate database file but haven't found
that yet..

I also wonder about why mongrel was still using pstore after I upgraded
to rails 2.0.1?  I thought the default for 2.0 was to store it in the
cookie file on the client? Mine was still creating pstore files in tmp?
Shouldn't it use cookie by default?

Really a drag having my web server crash just because somebody sits on a
page for more than 10 minutes.

Scott